On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:15:33 -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Gary,
..Have you read the Ruth/Naomi story?

(humbly:) if you wanna pursue the R/N story intelligently (and start examing where Brooks is comin' from), my sem OT mentor, Robt. Hubbard, who knows me well, and that I'm straight as an arrow:), has produced what is generally acclaimed as the finest commentary of the 20th c. on 'Ruth'--accolades attend his work from a variety of critical readers/schools of thought

I believe him; and, know his interpetation of R/N is worthy of the cudos people give it

at the core of the issue here is that, despite certain counter-cultural comments you make, your posts indicate that you treasure (by 'choice') your very own Izzy-strict culture (as she does her own), above mutually discovering the discernable truth about it

maybe you're reluctant to do that--that's cool, but i think it pays off early to 'inquire within' :)