Kevin Deegan wrote:
Show me one error.
DAVEH:  Hmmmmm.......have you been reading what Blaine posted, Kevin?  Read to the bottom of this post.  You have replied to it several times now, and it remains pretty much as Blaine posted it.  The material Blaine quoted suggested there are quite a few parts of the Bible that were changed (added or subtracted) by somebody in the evolution of the translation process over the centuries.  I don't know if the below material is accurate or not, but you seem to think it is in error merely by its association with the JWs.  I'm just trying to find out if your preconceived prejudices are reflected in your answer, or if there really is something wrong with what Blaine posted.

    As I've said before, when I hear stuff from other LDS folks, I suspect it is biased and may not factually represent what is believed outside the LDS realm.  If you know it is wrong, please explain why and how.  Otherwise, it seems pretty good evidence that the Bibles we have today are not inerrant as many TTers have suggested.

Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kevin Deegan wrote:
I already answered this see other post
DAVEH:  Really???  Is your below comment the post you are referring to......

Perhaps you should take a second look. take your own advice.
or have you converted to the Jehovah's Witnesses?
Do you visit Jehovah Witness sites regularly?
Do you follow their other teachings also?

.......If that isn't your answer, then perhaps I failed to see it.....or recognize it if I did see it.  Would you be so kind as to explain it again, Kevin.  (Copy/paste if you would, please.)
This info is in error.
DAVEH:  Does your other post explain why/how it is in error, Kevin?  Your above/below comment certainly doesn't explain it.  You seem to take great delight in attacking LDS theology.  Now, how about devoting as much enthusiasm explaining your own beliefs......
Maybe you two groups (LDS & JW) should combine forces and cast dispersion on God's word.
You could call it the "Yea hath God said society"
DAVEH:  Nobody is questioning what God said, Kevin.  What is in question is whether what is in the Bible today is the same as what God said several thousand years ago.  You have already acknowledged that some (the headings) is not inerrant or from God.   And we have seen before that some translations (viz the NIV) do not include all the material that the KJV offers.  So it seems apparent that God has not specifically protected each translation we have today.  At some point, problem material has been allowed (by God) to enter into what we consider the Bible today.  My question to you is where you safely draw the line.....the line (time) that says before this we can trust everything that is printed in the Bible, and after this time (line) errant material may have been introduced or inerrant material may have been deleted.   Is there a time you can say such, Kevin?  If not, then it seems one has to conclude that the Bible is not necessarily inerrant.

Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kevin Deegan wrote:
Raymond Bothoms & hence; you
Got your information from a Jehovah Witness site
DAVEH:  Whether or not the author is a JW (or whether the site is JW related), is the material he offered correct, Kevin?  IF it is correct, would that not suggest the Bible is not as inerrant as some TTers have professed?  IF his information is not correct, how do you explain it?

Are you joining?

Blaine Borrowman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Raymond Bothoms is just another one of us good old boys from Utah.    By the way, Kevin, where do you live?  Georgia?  Alabama?  Mexico?  LOL

Blaine: The Bible seems to have some problems, at least according to what I
read below. Perhaps those whose religion is founded on the assumption that
the Bible is inerrant should take a second look.

Pehaps you should take a second look. take your own advice.