Sent: March 10, 2004 08:46
Subject: [TruthTalk] Re:The value of "tradition" and, dictionaries

Everyone of us speaks from a "tradition" and words mean things.
Why not revisit this whole discussion as it took place in the 4th century
by such as Athanasius, Cyril, Gregory and yes, another Gregory
(Nazianzus & Nyssa)-the Capadocians. Lance

jt: But Lance this is a Truth Talk list and truth is a person.
He is the Word of God and we receive from Him by the Spirit of Truth
Not through 4th Century so called Church Fathers...who were off into
error themselves.

"Sanctify them through thy truth, thy Word is Truth" ... [John 17:17]

judyt

God allows the devil to raise up heretics
to make his people study

William shies away from "biblicists" whatever that is.

Lance Muir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
a. No syntactics contains its own semantics
b. Language, like mathematics is a symbolic system
c. Do the "symbols" themselves contain the truth(meaning) or, do
they point away from themselves to the "meaning" we all seek?
Lance----
Wm. Taylor wrote:
, I don't have a problem with it myself, but I'm not all pruned up about this it-has-to-come-from-the-bible stuff. What about you who are? Is that a true and accurate statement concerning Jesus Christ?

Bill Taylor