In a message dated 5/5/2004 6:59:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John, So what is it that you like about Restoration Movement theology if they are against the Baptism in the Holy Spirit? Do you miss being in that now, or are you still? Izzy

Many within the c of c are not against the baptism of the Spirit, actually.  But the c of c is certainly not going to join the ranks of Pentecostalism anytime soon. I still believe very much in Restoration hermeneutics.  But I also believe that doctrinal correctness is not a requirement for salvation.

I was first filled with the Spirit nearly 40 years to the day of my water baptism at age 12.  I have learned to praise God in song (in spite of the fact that I cannot sing a lick)  --  raised hands and all.  I don't miss the fellowship but I do miss the partnership in Bibile study.

I would never go back, however.

John