I am coming to use the word 'reading' when speaking to the meaning of the text (my reading of this..)

I've employed an equation (believer+text+Spirit=??) to illustrate, at the least, the absence of unanimity following =.
Some take exception to any hint of uncertainty as to meaning. Why???

I know someone who is currently meeting with two prophetesses. They pray and God answers. They write the answers down. Even they are unclear as to what some of the 'answers' mean.

In my youth I was a friend to someone, though not a prophet, who regularly engaged God in real two-way conversation. He spoke and God answered. He also was, on occasion, confused as to what God meant.

May we come to some sort of agreement that being tentative concerning Scripture's meaning is not the same thing as maligning Scripture?

Lance