Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Christians' authority over nature

Jeff Powers wrote:
Lets see now, if I'm understanding this John rejects Torah. So if this is true John, What then is sin?  From my perspective, if we reject Torah then we quite naturally reject God's law and in rejecting God's Law we therefore have to reject ALL notions of sin.  Without Torah, how are we to know what sin is?
Something you might want to consider Jeff.  There was sin and there was a penalty for sin long before Torah.  Mankind left the garden with a knowledge of good and evil.  Sometime later the law came, and after that, the law was fulfilled.  In the meantime, no one was ever able to keep it.  It was meant for a people, for a time, for a purpose.  Those times are over.  Now we live by faith, evidenced by love and obedience (Works).
Terry