-----Original Message-----
From: David Miller
Sent: Wednesday, 12 January, 2005 18.45
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Judaizers within the Messianic Movement

DAVIDM...
When I first began receiving revelation (dreams and visions), the Lord told me that I was functioning as a prophet but that I should not advertise that I was functioning in this way. He instructed me to tell others that inquired who I was that I was a brother in Christ. I kept it this way for many years, but after I matured and learned more about the different administrations in the body of Christ, the Lord released me to inform others that I was a prophet because many do not know what a prophet is. As I began to teach others about the function of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers, it became useful for me to use myself as an example of the prophetic ministry.

SLADE...
How clear was this message? Was it riddled with parables? Was the message clear, concise, and very much to the point?

DAVID...
No, I am not deity, but a prophet is a prophet because of what he receives from above. There is a similar character that God requires of those whom he anoints for such jobs, that character of not defending oneself nor pushing oneself forward as somebody.

SLADE...
Interesting nonanswer. A teacher, a Rabbi, and that rare person with a Helping Heart are what they are because of what he/she receives from above; therefore your statement lends no support to your assertion. Also, I did not ask for you to defend yourself, I simply requested that you give a proof to your claim. This request on my part is perfectly acceptable. You, yourself agree when you stated, <<The OT prophets would give a sign. This was the basis by which the Jews approached Jesus... they had a right to ask for such a sign>>. I claim that right as well, but the Newer Testament" [wannabe] prophets deny this right. You have done the same. If you are a prophet, you should not fear! The Spirit of the Holy One guards and guides your lips. Speak it forth, brother. If you are a prophet, let u all glory in God over this rare find. If not... the Spirit never spoke through you and you deceived not only yourself but others as well.

DAVID...
This is one difference that I have discerned between the OT prophets and the NT prophets. The OT prophets would give a sign. This was the basis by which the Jews approached Jesus and asked him for a sign to prove that he was that Prophet spoken of by Moses. I have sought the Lord on this subject rather diligently, because based upon my study of the Hebrew Scriptures, they had a right to ask for such a sign. The Spirit told me that because it is the age of grace and faith, and especially now because the Spirit has been poured out upon all, it is prudent not to focus upon signs. Instead, signs generally come in response to faith. My interpretation of this is that there really is no "normal Joe" that is distinct from prophets, but rather all of those in Christ are priests and prophets unto God. The only reason that some are identified as prophets is because they have a personal responsibility toward God to continue to function in the revelatory gifts and be an example to the body in this way with the hope that all will walk in the Spirit of revelation.

SLADE...
Herein lies the problems. When Peter, the apostle to the Jewish people his letter, he wrote it to the exiles (the dispersion). Within this context, Peter mentions that the recipients of this letter are holy priesthood. There was no mention of prophet. You have erroneously inserted this. Your statement [and I paraphrase] that prophets are different in the NT than they were in the OT is justification to slide yourself into the office of prophet.
   Again, your statement <<that there really is no "normal Joe" that is distinct from prophets>> rings true for me because of the prophetic nuances of the Spirit I spoke of before. This, in itself, if NOT the prophetic gift.

DAVID MILLER wrote two emails ago...
If you think that I do not measure up to what a prophet ought to be, that is your decision.  What we are in the body of Christ is something we do not have to protect or defend.  We are who we are.  Jesus told me that those who receive me receive him, and those who reject me reject him.  Therefore, I leave it all in the hands of my Lord.
SLADE wrote two emails ago...
Yeshua spoke that in response to Himself and His relationship with God... AS THE ONLY MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MAN.
DAVID wrote...
That is not the only context in which he spoke this (see Luke 10:16), but I was referring to a personal revelation, not to Scripture which I would apply to myself.

SLADE now says...
Speak in His name, and I'll agree with you. STOP speaking in David Miller's name so I can stop disagreeing.

SLADE wrote...
You are nowhere even CLOSE to the majesty of Yeshua.
DAVID replied...
Are you saying that you do not believe that Christ lives in me and through me?

SLADE now responds...
This is a rabbit trail I refuse to chase. God knows your heart. I never pass judgment on matters such as these.

SLADE wrote:
> You are hiding behind some of the worst Biblical interpretations I've seen on TruthTalk. You are not the mediator between man and Yeshua. If this is what you believe, I am in the wrong discussion group.
DAVID...
LOL. I have never claimed to be a mediator between man and Yeshua. Nobody needs me to follow Yeshua. You misunderstand my Biblical interpretations and twist almost everything I say. Why? I kind of feel as if you are trying to catch me in my words to demonstrate some fault in me somewhere.

SLADE...
Nervous laughter, perhaps, because you feel a bit of heat? Actually, I am testing you. Claims made are claims tested. From my understanding, you failed the test of a prophet -- but I may be wrong. I am actually hoping to find a real prophet. If you are a real prophet, then I would like to know that God's gift is not so rare today. I do not seek a soothsayer nor my own God-Driven Stock Broker. I find the miraculous in small everyday events. It's nice also to hear of the more powerful events as well.
     However, I have not twisted your writings and Biblical Interpretations. I have taken what you say and I take them to one step farther. If David is saying this, then He is also saying that. Go back and read what I have [in your mind] twisted, and see for yourself. I carry your statements to their logical conclusion.

-- slade