If you don't understand most of what Gary says, how can you accuse him of reading things into your posts?

-- slade
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Judy Taylor
Sent: Saturday, 15 January, 2005 11.53
To: truthtalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: [TruthTalk] What is a Christian?

From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gary wrote:
'sacrifices' are repeated efforts implicitly imperfect..however, that such efforts are 'not perfect' does not equate literarily to 'totally ineffectual'

Judy wrote:
Have it your way "G"

Gary does have a point here, Judy.  You both do.
As you point out, Heb. 9:9 says that the former things of Moses were a figure for that time, and so the sacrifices could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience.  Gary is pointing out that while the sacrifices were imperfect and could not perfect the conscience, that does not mean that they were completely ineffectual.  For example, a
band-aid put on a cut cannot heal the wound, but it might help protect it and have some benefit.  In the same way, the sacrifices of the OT were not "worthless" just because we recognize that they were not perfect.  Do you see the point?

Not really David, though thanks for trying. I don't understand most of what Gary writes and don't see the need for this one since I never have said that say they were 'totally ineffectual' or 'worthless'  God told Moses to do it and He set that system up for a reason.  Gary reads things into my posts that I don't say and I find most of his responses incomprehensible although I did understand the word cult in the last one.  jht.