Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 11:34 AM
Subject: [TruthTalk] Avram & Yosef

Avram and Yosef, Yeshiva* students, were debating whether one is allowed to smoke while learning Torah. They went to the Rebbe** for a decision.

Avram asked, "Rebbe, is it permitted to smoke while learning Torah***?"

"Certainly not!" Said the Rebbe, outraged.

Yosef then addressed him. "Rebbe, let me ask you this. May we learn Torah while we smoke?"

The Rabbi immediately replied with a warm smile. "Of course!"

*A Yeshiva is a Jewish Seminary
**A Rebbe is an endearing title for a great, beloved teacher
***Torah is the five book of Moses -- the first five books of the Bible