John wrote:
> Huh???   We will never have unity based
> upon "all saying the same thing ...."

I don't disagree with the rest of your post, but you might be overstating
your case.  It seems to me that God does desire for us to say the same
thing.  This does not mean that we will all be robots that parrot each
other.  There is still room for us to emphasize different things, but in
doing so we should embrace each other as speaking the same thing.

A good example of this is Paul and James.  Paul emphasized justification by
grace through faith apart from works while James emphasized justification by
works and not by faith alone.  Yet, they both accepted one another's
teachings, even though they emphasized different things.  In effect, they
spoke the same thing, and this is abundantly clear when we read Acts 15 and
see their complete agreement together, as well as Acts 21 and Paul's taking
of the Nazarite vow.

Please offer us some commentary on the following passage, especially the
parts I have emphasized.  Does it not teach us to have a unity whereby we
all say the same thing?

1 Corinthians 1:10
(10) Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that
YE ALL SPEAK THE SAME THING, and that there be no divisions among you; but
that ye be perfectly joined together IN THE SAME MIND AND IN THE SAME
JUDGMENT.