Dave, Blaine, if you see any error in Kevin's post below, feel free to correct them.

From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Why so many LDS bad apples?
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:47:43 -0800 (PST)

ShieldsFamily <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Why is it that schizophrenic paranoids are always talking about scriptures/God?

Tell them that they can recieve revelation direct from God
Tell them they can become a god
Many of these guys thought they were "One Mighty and Strong" Many thought they were going to lead the "Apostate" Utah Church into the Truth. Why does the LDS have such a propensity to turn out violent "Prophet" criminals? Maybe it is the god of this world talking to them? How come so many still inside the church have meetings (sometimes on a regular or scheduled basis) with Jesus, Brigham, Mom, Dad, Grandma/pa ? Baptism and Ordinances for the DEAD? I was in the church Geneaology Center it was Spooky if you ask me. All these old people searching for Dead people. Wierd.

Joe Smith "greatest commandment given us, and made obligatory, is the temple work in our own behalf and in behalf of our dead" (Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 2, p.149).

Is this hang up with the "Dead" and all, NECROMANCY?

What other religion turns out so many kooks?

One Mighty & Strong  http://www.utlm.org/newsletters/no101.htm
Brian David Mitchell  AKA "Immanuel" Kidnapper of E. Smart
Mark Hoffman  the Bomber & Forger
Ron & Don Lafferty  Prophets OM&S
David Longo OM&S
Gary Bishop
Tom Green
John Singer
Chris Fink
Gary Gilmore
Jeff Lundgren

Another bad apple falls from the Tree of Mormonism:
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2531145
Accused slayer cited Bible story, court is told
Wife, daughter stabbed: Sister testifies Sullivan believed he was being tested, like Abraham

"She said her brother read the Book of Mormon "obsessively," and claimed he was visited by early church leader Brigham Young."

CLOSE YOUR EYES ALL WHO CONSIDER THIS SACRED

"The temple where the ordinances can be administered for the dead is the place to hear from the dead. The Priesthood in the flesh, when it is necessary, will receive communications from the Priesthood behind the vail Mormon" Doctrine – Plain and Simple, pp.51-52.

Joseph Smith visited me a great deal after his death, and taught me many important principles…Joseph and Hyrum visited me, and the Prophet laid before me a great many things…Brigham Young also visited me after his death. On one accasion (sic) he and Brother Heber C. Kimball came in a splendid chariot…" Temples of the Most High, pp. 321-322

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/mormon.htm A typical temple ceremony would take place as follows: "The ritual began in a small cubicle where we had to strip completely. We then put on 'the shield,' a poncho with a hole for the head, but open on the sides (similar to a hospital gown). We went through a series of 'washings and anointings,' as various parts of our bodies were touched by elderly temple workers who mumbled appropriate incantations over them. Our Mormon underwear, 'the garments,' are said to have powers to protect us from 'the evil one.' It had occult markings, which were so 'sacred' that we were instructed to burn them when the garments wore out. The endowment ceremony mocked all doctrines held to by Biblical Christianity, and Christian pastors were portrayed as servants of Satan. We had to swear many blood oaths, promising we would forfeit our lives if we weren't faithful, or if we revealed any of the secrets revealed to us in the temple ceremonies. We were
made to pretend by grotesque gestures to cut our throats, chests, and abdomens, indicating how we would lose our lives. We were never told who would kill us! The inference was, and history testifies to, that it would be the Mormon priesthood." (Testimony of a former Mormon.) [Note: The blood oaths and portrayal of Christian pastors were removed in April of 1990, despite the fact that the ordinance was purported to have been given originally by a revelation and was never to be changed.]

"The Lord has made it known that his mercy extends to the uttermost bounds and that every soul is entitled to hear the gospel plan, either in this life or in the spirit world." "All who hear and believe, repenting and receiving the gospel in its fullness, whether living or dead, are heirs of salvation in the celestial kingdom of God," (Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 2, p. 133).

"The Latter-day Saint view of the spirit world reveals that there is work being performed there. The most magnificent and extensive missionary program the mind can contemplate is centered in the spirit world," (Ensign, January 1977, p. 51).

SPIRIT GUIDES "The spirit and influence of your dead will guide those who are interested in finding those records. If there is anywhere on the earth anything concerning them, you will find it." Cowan; Answers to Your Questions About the Doctrine and Covenants, p. 7.

Amos 2:8 they lay themselves down upon clothes laid to pledge by every altar, and they drink the wine of the condemned in the house of their god.

ShieldsFamily <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
Why is it that schizophrenic paranoids are always talking about scriptures/God? Has always seemed very demonic to me. So how do drugs modulate demons—so it’s gotta be a physical chemical thing. There are so many unknown elements that we don’t yet understand, and might not until His return. In my nursing psych rotation we were at the state mental hospital, which made “One Flew Over the Coocoos Nest” look like a tea party. Lots of evil stuff going on there. Izzy