I totally concur with the intent that underlies this post. But, not for the reasons given. I trust that you understand.

Love,

Lance
----- Original Message -----
Sent: March 18, 2005 08:52
Subject: [TruthTalk] Unifying around God's Word

I believe I've mentioned in the past that I attend a weekly Bible Study known as BSF or Bible Study Fellowship which is international and non-denominational.  To complete all of the lessons takes 7yrs (I am in my 4th year);  the study is structured along the lines of a college course and it's focus is entirely upon Christ and His Word. We are not to talk about books, tapes, denominations, personal issues etc. Although there is a prayer list that we can contribute to.

This past Tuesday I learned that there are 122 different denominations and sects represented in this Fellowship and the amazing thing is that such love and peace is evident.  My group is mostly black but we are one blood in Christ. The same could be true on TT if we stopped exalting men, sects, Gk words, theologies, etc. and allow God to be God in our midst.  judyt