Bill Taylor wrote:

"For by the Son all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist" -- Col 1.16-17.

May I ask you all a question: what in all of creation is not positionally -- and by that I mean ontologically -- in Christ? I don't really know what the faith movement that Judy mentioned means when they speak of positional truth, but I know that the Bible tells us that we are all, including all creation, in Christ. Much too much is made of separation; that is Greek dualism: Don't believe it! If there is any separation from God, it is not existential. We have our existence in Christ. That is where we are ontologically positioned; that is where we have our being. To exist in exclusion to Christ would be to be gods ourselves, having the power of existence in our own nature. That, my friends, is an impossibility. No, the separation is in our minds; I believe it is a figment of our imagination, a fearful projection which tells us that we have been cut off and excluded from God and that we must find a way to get back to him (or her, or it); this is called "religion"; it comes from our "fallen" mind. It is not true. The truth is, the separation, though ontologically false, has a relational dynamic: we feel separated when we (1) deliberately exclude "God" from our lives, or (2) believe lies that tell us that we are excluded from him. In other words, it is our fallen minds that tells us we are separated from God. Don't believe it! We must stop trying to get ourselves and others back to God: we are all in Christ -- how much more "back to God" can we get? Rather we must work out our theology from within the risen Christ.

If you are interested in going further with this, I have much more to say.

Bill

No more for me, thanks, I've had more than enough.
Terry