DAVEH:  Nonsense, Kevin.   I haven't given it much thought, but off the cuff I would suggest it is the way the criticism is expressed that determines if one is an anti-Mormon or not.  I would not consider a TTer who disagrees with me about a point of doctrine to be an anti-Mormon.  Nor would I consider one who believes and states that they think JS is a false prophet.  But....if someone starts ranting, raving or waving underwear in my face....I would think they would qualify.

Kevin Deegan wrote:
LDS folks did coin the anti-Mormon term, and subsequently defined it in effect as one who actively preaches against and denigrates LDS theology

Right so it is a defense/deflection mechanism to label those that are engaged in any form of criticism of the church in an attempt to dismiss ALL the Criticism since they are just ANTI's

Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DAVEH:  Sure it does, Lance.  Do Christians ever use the term, anti-Christian?  Or, is it simply a term Perry/Kevin coined to label me with in an effort to disparage my belief in Jesus?  That I would disagree or even argue that another's Christian based theology is misguided would not make me an anti-Christian.  Even if I were right in that thinking, it would not make the other person not a Christian.  As long as his beliefs are based on Christian principles (rightly or wrongly), he would by dictionary definitions be a Christian.

    LDS folks did coin the anti-Mormon term, and subsequently defined it in effect as one who actively preaches against and denigrates LDS theology.  If Perry/Kevin want to label me anti-Christian, then the similarity does not hold as I do not actively preach against Jesus.