David:
Our Constitution protects the right of speech in public places. Does Canada
have any laws that protect free speech? Are most Canadians against free
speech?

Caroline:
Canada understands that free speech is meant to serve a democratic society. You can't yell fire in a crowded theatre. You can't do false advertising. You can't claim credentials you don't have. You can't lie while under oath in a court room.

And you can't slander, libel, intimidate, threaten or speak hatefully to your fellow human being.

We put a high value on people. Americans put high value on principles and rights.