DAVEH:  ???   So you are suggesting that the things I mentioned---apostles, prophets, temples, etc.---are not necessary today, Kevin?  If so, I respectfully disagree.
Obviously not! I posted here to show we do have priests. We have Jesus the HIGH PRIEST who has an UNENDING Priesthood.   Each & every believer holds the priesthood. In a separate post I listed the responsibilities of such.

Each & every believer is the TEMPLE made without hands, where God wants to come and dwell. What a awesome thought, what a responsibility. God wants to take that old house of flash and make it Holy and dwell inside there!

Seemed you were claiming that LDS had something that Christians do not and that Christians should desire those things.

Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DAVEH:  ???   So you are suggesting that the things I mentioned---apostles, prophets, temples, etc.---are not necessary today, Kevin?  If so, I respectfully disagree.

Kevin Deegan wrote:
DH says The Lord's people of Bible times needed prophets.

WE have "THE Prophet" Luke 1 And thou, child, shalt be called THE PROPHET of the Highest

DH says The Lord's people of Bible times needed the Priesthood

RV 1 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

JESUS IS HIGH PRIEST Heb 5:6 Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec v10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

UNENDING PRIEST HB 7 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

HB 7 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

HB 7 Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

HB 7 For the priesthood being changed

APOSTLE & HIGH PRIEST HB 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus

DH says The Lord's people of Bible times needed Temples

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands

1 Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1 PT 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

DAVEH:  Is it better to realize something is missing, and search for it?  Or is it better to feel comfortable assuming nothing is missing, and then stubbornly deny the need for more knowledge of the gospel?

    The Lord's people of Bible times needed prophets.

    The Lord's people of Bible times needed revelation

    The Lord's people of Bible times needed further Scripture

    The Lord's people of Bible times needed the Priesthood

    The Lord's people of Bible times needed Temples

    Could it be a Pride in their own Righteousness that would cause some today to label LDS (Liars, Deceivers, SEDUCERS) and then suggest we do not need the things the Lord's people needed in Bible times???

Kevin Deeg an wrote:

The WHOLE Mormon argument is you are missing something.
You need further revelation your Bible is incomplete, in error and lacking in the truth
You have the Bible BUT do you have the Book of Mormon? (Like the recent TV add)
You need Joe Smith
You need the priesthood
You need the Temple
etc.
So LDS beguile unstable souls with enticing words Col 2:4
HERE FOLLOWS THE ONLY SECTION WHICH MAY BY ANY STRETCH (or BEND) OF THE IMAGINATION BE CONSTRUED AS AN ASPERSION:
In actuallity it is LDS who are generally full of Pride in their own Righteousness
They have so much you don't have after all.

This is why some label LDS (Liars, Deceivers, SEDUCERS)

--
Dave Hansen

Yahoo! Mail

Dave Hansen