It's like child abuse. Society probably can't stop all abuse but teaching kids what is acceptable touch and what is not, who to tell and what to do helps. It also helps to tell people this behaviour will not be tolerated in this society. Can we stop all bullying? Probably not. But kids are more likely to tell teachers if they are being bullied, bystanders are more likely to intervene and bullies know this is not acceptable behaviour.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Bulk] [TruthTalk] baptism

CW All the schools are proactive in stopping bullying because they know kids
lives can be ruined to the point where grade schoolers contemplate suicide.

So Canadian Culture has successfully done what no other culture in the history of man has done? Do you have kids?

Caroline Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This may be beyond your understanding but people can be fired for racist or
sexist remarks at the office. People watch their mouths. Some bosses find
ways to be abusive without being racist or sexist but they have a high
turnover in staff. And I'm sure the Lord judges them whether they are
believers or not.

All the schools are proactive in stopping bullying because they know kids
lives can be ruined to the point where grade schoolers contemplate suicide.
Your family solved the problem by homeschooling. But bullying is a real
problem and one that is not tolerated.

Love,

Caroline