Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Bulk] [TruthTalk] baptism

Caroline wrote:
> Can we stop all bullying? Probably not. But kids are more
> likely to tell teachers if they are being bullied, bystanders
> are more likely to intervene and bullies know this is not
> acceptable behaviour.

The value of speech is too high to curb it by prosecuting those who misuse it.  When I was growing up, those in authority worked on the those on the receiving end of bullying.  I was told, "sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you."  Although the proverb might not be entirely accurate, I needed to hear this.  This made me develop a thick skin.  I realized that words only hurt me if I let them hurt me.  I much more favor this approach than putting bullys in jail.  A true bully will eventually move toward violence anyway, and that is when the system will then discipline him and correct the evil root which he had allowed to grow within him.

If Canada develops a lot of wimps who cannot handle any amount of criticism, we will know that I was right about how their approach is wrong in dealing with this problem.

Isn't it ironic how you support Canada prosecuting people who express disagreement with others, but you do not support God for judging the wicked?

Discover Yahoo!