David,
Hmm, I see your point, but yours is a special case, wouldn't you say?  I have to say your point is actually weak.  Associatiing JS with other false priests, is a bad association no matter how you look at it.  JS gave  dates, descriptions of what took place, etc,  which none of these people did.  Besides, how do we know they were not inspired, anyway?  Surely God gives direction to all liberally, who ask in faith.  I'd hate to judge these people as being falsely motivated.
  Considering that in the last days, there is to be
1.  An angel appearing on the horizon with the everlasting gospel to preach to all nations, kindreds, etc.,
2.  There are to be 140,000 missionary l;eaders called to assist in this great work,
3.  Israel is to be gathered out of the caves and other such remote places,
 4.  According to Daniel, a great kingdom, the Kingdom of God, is to be set up  without hands, meaning by God, and not by men,

I would say that for these great fetes to be accomplished, a well organized effort would beat the lazziz faire arrangement you seem to favor.   The LDS Church has  (as of December, 2004)  51,067 full time missionaries out; 241,239 converts for the year 2004, a total membership of 12,275, 822; with 26,670 wards and branches.  Not to knock what you do, I am convinced you do a lot of good with your approach, so hang in there, but for the final mop-up, I am afraid it is going to take more than individuals working under their own auspices.
Blaine

In a message dated 6/4/2005 6:39:46 AM Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Blaine wrote:
> You are using the "guilt by association" approach
> to reasoning, which is false reasoning, and shameful
> for anyone to have to resort to it.

Are you sure that "guilt by association" is false reasoning?  Don't you use
the same reasoning in the very next sentence?

Blaine wrote:
> By the way, the Mormon Church is now the 4th largest
> denomination in America.  Just two years ago, it was the
> 5th largest.

By saying that you are the 4th largest denomination, you are using
association to make your case.  Isn't that the same thing as "guilt by
association" only in reverse?

Now I realize to you, being a large denomination is a good thing, but to me,
being a large denomination is a bad thing.  So what I hear from you is guilt
by association.  Is this faulty reasoning that you are using?  Does being
the 4th largest denomination mean anything?