That is exactly what must be done. Discerning the heart of God. Of some making a difference. God will direct.

Terry Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am certain that what you say is true of some preachers, Blaine, but you cannot reasonably say that they are all stamped with the same mold.  I would suggest that the majority of them are led by the Lord to do what they do.  Sometimes, as John the Baptist did, it is necessary to shout and condemn.  At other times it would be better to quietly explain, in love, what the Lord has given them to share.  That is why my last line not only gives thanks for them, but asks that they be given more wisdom to discern what approach to take with different crowds or individuals.
Terry

 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Blainerb:  Good thoughts, Terry, but with the last one (in red) I have to take exception.  Street Preachers do not preach, which if done right is a form of teaching-- they simply carry signs with a mixture of Bible verses on them, none of which are shown to be related  in any meaningful way, and shout equally meaningless nonsense through their truth horns.  To teach, one must show how something relates to the pupil, and how the lesson concepts relate to one another.  This ideally must be done with individual pupils in mind, since every pupil learns according to his own individual style.  The hodgepodge I see on the signs and blowing through the air via truth horns is just mostly uninspiring nonsense.   If anyone gets any "message," I would be very surprised.