From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 08:04:27 -0600
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Hill Cumorah

ftr, jt's comment examplifies one of several conceited American traditions--Fundamentalist-dispensationalism; neither tradition, below, reads the text/s of Scripture for what is said, only for what it is 'supposed' to say, as below; which means there is a typical or consistent controlling idea behind  their common interpretation

the essence of jt's 'consistency'? it's philosophical: intentionally manage all real outcomes by categorizing behaviors as Good (acc to subjective criteria) or Evil (acc to subjective criteria)

the Bible per se has nothing to do with this approach to reality, e.g., Jesus already rules--the miraculous healing or 'restoration' in Acts 3:7 proves it acc to Peter's ensuing sermon as he employs or 'interprets' that event as the basis for the eschatological 'restoration of all things'