David,

I am very interested in hearing what Blaine's account of my and Kevin's Jesus reveals to you. Do you mind expanding on that?

Perry

From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org>
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Perry's/Kevin's Jesus vs Mormon Jesus (was:Apologetic for the et
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 10:00:48 -0400

Hey, Blaine, this is very interesting. Thanks for offering it. You didn't discuss my view of Jesus, so I'm not sure I will comment just yet, but your perspective of Perry's/Kevin's Jesus is very revealing. I very much appreciate you taking time to write this.

Perry's/Kevin's Jesus: 1) does not require baptism by water or by the Holy Ghost, 2) does not require repentance from sin, 3) covers all sins, and all sinners go to the same place--Heaven--upon resurrection (some confusion on this point, as he seems to have a hell, but apparently no one goes there--how can they, if everyone goes to heaven?), 4) performed miracles himself, but no one can perform them now, 5) reserves spiritual gifts to those living in apostolic times, none now, 6) no longer reveals his mind and will to men, the Bible is all we need, 7) has no organized church or set doctrines--apparently all roads lead to heaven, 8) anyone can minister in his name, no one needs to be called and chosen by him or his authorized ministers.

Mormon Jesus 1) requires baptism by water and the Holy Ghost, 2) requires repentance from sins, 3) covers sins of those who repent, and punishes those who do not, with each going to different heavens upon resurrection, 4) encourages men to purify themselves and thereby become qualified to perform miracles, 5) grants spiritual gifts to those who keep his commandments and purify themselves before him, 6) reveals his mind and will to modern prophets, gives daily direction to his church, 7) has one church only, and one set of doctrines only, of which he is the author, 8) calls and chooses those who minister in his name, by revelation.