TT members,

At times I have psoted negative ad-hominem comments just like others on the list have from time to time. Speaking for myself on this, anytime I have posted such negative comments, whether slyly, or blatantly, I have ALWAYS known exactly in what spirit I have posted these comments. Since I ALWAYS know exactly the spirit in which I have posted these comments, I have been convicted and at times have felt that I should apologize. But, my pride has often prevented me from doing so on my own, except when others point it out...then accountability issues kick in. Somebody else noticed my ad-hom! (This is one justification for a moderator on TT...accountability.)

Because of my own experience, I believe that EVERYONE who posts such statements on TT immediately knows, even before they click "Send", exactly the spirit in which they are posting the comments. In fact, I have typed MANY a comment, then gone back and erased it BEFORE I clicked "Send", knowing my own intention, and that it was unnecessary. I am sure many of us have done this. This is conviction followed by action PRIOR to clicking "Send".

I would like to challenge EVERYONE posting on TT to listen to the Holy Spirit. When you know that your intent is not the best, when you know that you are intentionally slinging mud, even a few tiny drops of mud, ERASE IT before you send it. It will be between you and the Holy Spirit.

However, if you post it ANYWAY (which is how they get out there, of course), and you are convicted over the post, I challenge you to post an apology immediately. And if you are not convicted...or you are but your pride stands in the way of apologizing...well...we'll all know it.

BTW, if we ALL did this, setting our pride aside, I think we each would become much more conscious of the Holy Spirit speaking to us, aware our own motives, and eventually TT would start to grow into a much more mature community. Maybe someday we will not even need a moderator!

Perry the Moderator