Kevin Deegan wrote:
So as you can see Joe was a MEDIUM a Spirit Channeler
The LDS Hymn should be changed to "We thank thee O God for a Warlock"
Even the Book of Commandments syas Joe had power with the ROD, he was a diviner.
"The gift of working with the rod" (Book of Commandments 7:3)
The Book of Mormon was delivered by a Familiar Spirit!

Sticking ones face in a hat filled with a "SEER Stone" is nothing more than a Seance
What did the SEER see in the stone?
Isaiah 8:19-20 “And when they say to you, “Seek those who are mediums and wizards, who whisper and mutter,” should not a people seek their God? Should they seek the dead on behalf of the living? To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them”
Leviticus 19:31: “Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.”

You are describing a common hang-up with the BoM, which is not much of a hang-up since it is simply based upon the presumption that when JS translated the plates, he did so word for word
According to some of the EYEWITNESSES, Joe dropped a magical seer stone into his hat, then buried his face in the hat and proceeding to dictate the Book of Mormon. The actual words and letters appeared like MAGIC. As far as the plates they were not PRESENT as a number of LDS Eyewitnesses professed!

Emma the first scribe said: "In writing for your father I frequently wrote day after day, often sitting at the table close by him, he sitting with his face buried in his hat, with the stone in it, and dictating hour after hour with nothing between us." History of the RLDS Church, 8 vols. (Independence, Missouri: Herald House, 1951), "Last Testimony of Sister Emma," 3:356

Whitmer one of the THREE Witnesses said : "I will now give you a description of the manner in which the Book of Mormon was translated. Joseph Smith would put the seer stone into a hat, and put his face in the hat, drawing it closely around his face to exclude the light; and in the darkness the spiritual light would shine. A piece of something resembling parchment would appear, and on that appeared the writing. One character at a time would appear, and under it was the interpretation in English. Brother Joseph would read off the English to Oliver Cowdery, who was his principal scribe, and when it was written down and repeated to Brother Joseph to see if it was correct, then it would disappear, and another character with the interpretation would appear. Thus the Book of Mormon was translated by the gift and power of God, and not by any power of man." David Whitmer, An Address to All Believers in Christ, Richmond, Missouri: n.p., 1887, p. 12

"I, as well as all of my father's family, Smith's wife, Oliver Cowdery and Martin Harris, were present during the translation. . . . He did not use the plates in translation"
Whitmer, Interview given to Kansas City Journal, June 5, 1881, reprinted in the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Journal of History, vol. 8, (1910), pp. 299-300

The above seems obvious to anyone who has been given even discernment 101.  Why are so many walking in darkness, thinking they see the light?
Terry