what you and the others write is very complicated and at times

Look,  so you don't care about my writing  style.   That post I did most recently  -  about creation and the redemptive nature of God (?)   I am telling you things would be happier for you if you take something like -- or one of Bill's articles  --   and take enough time to get the meaning.   If you miss the point of how a word is used  (I had trouble with "economic trinity" and "immanent trinity" for example  -  among many other expressions)  either wait and read -  it will come to you or ask someone -- off line if it is  more comfortable for you  --  and THEN,  let those words and thoughts present to you what it is you believe.   Truth is truth  -  but the truth has its many nuances, Judy.  Such is an intimate characteristic of truth.  It is why , in part, we can keep coming back to the written word, over and over again, reading the very same verses wit h the expectation of God once again  moving in our lives through the written word.   You have no idea, Judy Taylor, what a force for truth you could actually be .    You have the passion of ten street preachers and a reverence for the biblical message that is exceptional.   Let's just say that I am wrong much more than I am right  --  a crazy notion but let's pretend.   There you are and here I am .   You have my thinking in your sight, on the screen,   and you are certain that  you need to fashion a response.  What next.   Well,  if you are really concerned for changing a heart  and mind on a given point  --  and shouldn't that be your concern?   --   you first need to need to get yourself tuned in to the persons dearest concerns.   I have been around for awhile, now.   There are certain patterns to my responses  --  patterns that I may not eve n be aware of .  But one thing for sure  -   when you or Kevin or Linda put me into the lake of fire, insisting that my god is not your God  --  I am going to rain on your parade.  Its like calling Michal Fox "chicken" in those back to the furture movies.   So, don't do that !!!   The discussion is over before it begins.  You are no longer writing to correct -  Rather, you are simply arguing if you are not trying to take the opponent with you..   Go ahead and justify this by referring to the angry Christ in the temple.  So what !!!   If your purpose is to bring the opponent  (that would be me, in this case) out of the darkness  ACT LIKE YOU CARE , THAT YOU ARE HIS FRIEND and work from that premise.

I referred to the weirdness of your theology.  Actually, Judy,  I enjoy reading the creative ideas of others.   I am going through a series right now, on CD, a presentation in part, of a college prof who is not afraid to think "outside the box."  You do this all the time.   In fact, the novelty of your understanding is remarkable.   But when you deny that it exists, when you use it to destroy your opponent  (creation should always be an act of love) , the response from thinking people will always be what you have experienced here on TT.

If  you ever said "OK, Mr John,  I undertand what you are saying.  But what if this were true  and (then you presented your case foir truth)," what do you think would be the response?  I will tell of my response.   First,  I would have to get up off the floor, and then put all the computer stuff back on to the desk.   Afterwards,  perhaps a red beer or two  (do you know that I only have maybe 5 or six per year ?)  .  Then I would say to myself  --  "ok she is trying to be  nice about her disagreement"  and I would respond in kind.  But more than that -  if you actually had a point,  I would listen and explore your comments.  That is how friends deal with friends.  And I love novelty -  as long as it leads to something revealing of God.

Do you know what I think about my firends on this site?   I write some of these "thological" statements and get no response.  Do they (my firends ) agree or disagree.   I fear at times, that they are so concerned about the friendship that they do not care to venture a complaint.  Thats what I think.   Now, if they attach to that concern the notion that God will work it our in the life of John Smithson,  I can respect  their omission.

Years ago, in my twenties,  I read the words "crisis theology."  Those two words opened the door to  a whole style of communication for  me.   I do not mind getting into a knock down drag out if there is a happy ending to the matter.  Happy endings are a part of the crisis because they are the end of the crisis.   Sure,  I take it too far, at times,  but I can change attitudes on a dime.  You do not..  But you can.

I probably am so deeply under yor skin that you will never give a hoot about this or anything else I say.  So be it  -  and I am truly sorry for that .    But here you are, in a group of heavy hitters.  The reason why not a single person on this list lays down and says,  "run over me -  I like it" is because each feels the same passion you do and is fully convinced of their inclusion into the family of God.   So, leave that alone.  The conversation is never about that circumstance , anyway.   Let that person be your brother.   It doesn't make any difference what you think about that possibility -- so you do not have to comment. Let  God be the judge of that .

I have wasted enough time.  Sorry for the many words. You want to declare a truce?  Great !!   You want to exhange ideas out of a sense of shared faith and commitment?  Wonderful.   But if you want more of the same,  well, you know what to do next   -----------   but I would count it a blessing to consider you a sister and know that you thought of me in terms of family.  (Ditto for Kevin, Dean and DM , just change the "sister" part).

John

From: Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>