DAVID:I may have missed your reply to the 'spirit of freemasonry/mormonism' thingy. Did you reply?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: December 29, 2005 17:57
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] The cross of Christ

Most of these comments are not concerning the primitive church (1st century / early 2nd century), and they tend to focus upon the symbol rather than the cross itself.  I can post lots of quotes from the early church fathers if you like, those from the first and second century.  There is absolutely no doubt that the cross was central in their theology and faith.  These comments you share below are what I call spin.  They prey upon the ignorance of those who have not read the early church fathers.