David, Paul says it best: 1 Cor 1:22-25; 2:1-2; 15:12-18.

After saying many times that he would be raised on the third day, had He not been, He would have been proven a false prophet. All that He taught would have been nullified. There would be no gospel (1 Cor 15:12-18). After all, isn't the resurrection part of the gospel? It was not complete until the resurrection.

Perry

From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org>
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] apostles and prophets
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 10:01:51 -0500

Perry wrote:
> The gospel didn't even have POWER until
> he was rose from the dead.

I'm a little surprised by this statement.  There are many Scriptures that
indicate that the preaching of the gospel by Jesus and his apostles did have
power.  Jesus indicated that people were pressing into the kingdom of God.
They did many miracles and healed a great many people.  I certainly
understand how the resurrection is a central part of the gospel, being a
kind of climax of the extent of the power of the gospel, but to say that the gospel did not even have power until he was raised from the dead is a bit of
an overstatement from my perspective.  Would you like me to take time to
cite some Scripture indicating salvation before the resurrection, and of the
power of the gospel to heal the sick and raise the dead?