On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 18:17:18 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
The word tranlated "pleased" in the gk text is the word in question.   "Father" or "God" is atached to that word.   That attachment is a personification and does not actually , literally , exist in the text.  There are good reasons for this personificiation, I admit.  I just think that if we allow for the omission of the words "Father" or "God"  (after all, Paul could have added those words to the text, if he had wanted to), there is less possibility for confusion.

Why would Paul "want to" add to what God says when there are warnings against doing this. When he spoke on
marriage and it was his own thoughts he said so.  No I don't believe Paul added and the word Father is in there
because it fits and is supposed to be there for reasons of clarity.

Also, you appealed to the NASV to argue for the insertion of "Father."   A reasonable argument, by the way.   But, even in the NASV, the word "Father" is italicized  -- the translators want you to know that it is added to the text.  The pleasure expressed in v 19 is Godly pleasure  --  IMPLIED but not written.  It is a divinely appointed pleasure  --  and Christ is a part of that circumstance.  That Christ was going to reconcile all unto Himself from the foundations of the world  meets with the pleasure of both Himself and His Father  --  it is a divinely appointment mission.

Only problem is He (Christ) wasn't going to do that; because He came to do the will of the Father and to reconcile
ppl back to the Father which is the focus of both Col 1:19 and 2 Cor 5:19 for one who reads without a bias.

From: Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
You must not be understanding JD; I said in my last post on this matter that for me meaning
is a whole lot more important than quibbling over Greek words and the meaning of Col 1:19
is reinterated in 2 Cor 5:19

Where you will notice that it does say it was God (the Holy Spirit) in Christ who does the
reconciling and it does not say it was Christ as God who reconciled the world to himself
(Christ) as you are trying to say to prove your point.