On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:32:56 -0700 "Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
His death was the victory not His life.

Why then all the fuss about his human nature?

Beats me - You ppl are the ones smaking such a big deal out of his "humanity" and I believe the rcc teaches the same
especially since one of their fathers came up with the wholly God, wholly man statement.  Now we have to adjust all
doctrine to fit that don't we Lord forbid making Tertullian look like a false prophet even if God's own Word contradicts him.

Would it have mattered if he had sinned while living in the flesh? Of course it would. The Christ of Scripture is the whole package, brother: his life, death, and resurrection -- not just a slab of meat hanging on a tree.

He is not a package Bill.  He is a person - one few of you seem to know personally it appears.  Why did Paul tell ppl he ministered to "I determined to know nothing among you but Jesus Christ and Him crucified?"  Why was he so negligent about the sperm of David and the incarnation?

May I suggest that you purchase and read Gustaf Aulen's Christus Victor? The tyrants were plural, Dean: sin, death, and the devil. Leave one of them out and Christ is not the Victor you imagine. Bill

Hate to challenge the good Gustaf .. but the tyrant was the prince of this world and his children.  Satan held the keys of death and he has the power over sin.  Jesus came to do good and to heal all who are oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.  Funny wording that - you would think the apostle would have said "for he was fully man and fully God".
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 4:16 PM
Subject: [TruthTalk] Was Jesus of God's Nature?

Amen!
Now this is good doctrine.  Thank you Dean, what a blessing you are in the Lord...

From: "Dean Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
No, I think I will stay the course Bill. The Law mentioned was only weak
in our flesh not Christ's flesh-He came in the "likeness of that flesh" but
the law worked in Him who was not weak. This supports my view-disagree?
Then here's another verse to help.

Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet
sinners, Christ died for us.

His death was the victory not His life.

> From: Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org>
> Date: 1/29/2006 2:05:34 PM
> Subject: Re: [TruthTalk]  Was Jesus of God's Nature?
>
> Christ came in the lower state for death on the cross thereby defeating
> Satan-for victory-not to spend His life warring against sin in His
members-
> for victory.
>
> You might want to rethink that one, Dean:
>
> "For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God
> did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of
> sin: He condemned sin in the flesh" (Rom 8.3).

cd:No, I think I will stay the course Bill. The Law mentioned was only weak
in our flesh not Christ's flesh-He came in the "likeness of that flesh" but
the law worked in Him who was not weak. This supports my view-disagree?
Then here's another verse to help.
Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet
sinners, Christ died for us.
His death was the victory not His life.

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man."  (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org

If you do not want to receive posts from this list, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and you will be unsubscribed.  If you have a friend who wants to join, tell him to send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and he will be subscribed.

dangerous content by Plains.Net, and is
believed to be clean.