To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org;TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: 1/31/2006 12:19:57 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Free Speech

The question is this: what are YOU teaching, Dean?  You failed to answer my questions.  Here they are , once again:

You make it sound so simple, Dean.   Which commandments.  The 613 ?
Those commandments that continue the practice of Judaism?   How would any of His listeners see it differently?   And they already know that they fail in this effort.

And why did God give the Commandments to a people who had no chance of obeying those laws  -  or do you argue that they were "born again?"

In Acts 15, Peter sees the Law as a burden.    In that same chapter, when the leadership of the church (apostles and elders) had the chance to bind the law on all believers  - should I say "bind the Commandments ?"  --  they chose NOT to do this.
cd:John I think I did answer these questions but will add to them. The binding that the early Church has to do with Circumcision and the like which the Church didn't promote but if you will look at what they did bind the Christians with are commandments and the things mentioned would fit under those 10 plus 1-of love of the brethren.

but this discussion is not nearly as important, to me, as your decision to deny that Jesus came in the flesh  (such being a statement of Christ's divinity.)  That decision has brought home to me that in these discussion, we are not  playing games.    That Christ is or was God in the flesh means that man is not saving man and distinguishes the Christian faith from all the others.   I worship Jesus Christ in the flesh just as the angels did (Heb 1:6) .  Sorry that you do not.  Actually, your decision is quite upsetting to me.
----------------------------
cd: I have not ever denyied that Christ came in the flesh John. I am in the flesh and Christ  was like me not Hitler. If you are upset it is because you are confusing what I am saying.

jd

jd

Sent: 1/30/2006 2:20:48 PM

You make it sound so simple, Dean.   Which commandments.  The 613 ?
Those commandments that continue the practice of Judaism?   How would any of His listeners see it differently?   And they already know that they fail in this effort.

It might be good to consider the cross in this mater.    the law is about to be fulfilled and in this fulfillment,  we have the end of the law.   What happens on one side of the cross is not necessarily carried over to the other side of the cross.
cd: John the teaching of Christ didn't only exist on the early side of the cross-they were for all men to live By.
Early side of cross:

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Mat 19:19 Honor thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

Latter side off cross:

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1Co 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

John what are you teaching bro?