Lance wrote:
> 1.Please define 'believer'

Someone who believes in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and has
experienced being born again from above, who thereafter receives the Holy
Spirit to lead and guide him into all truth.  A believer is rigtheous and
walks as Jesus walked.

Lance wrote:
>2. Can a 'believer' sin over an extended period of time a. wilfully b.
>ignorantly?

Such is not permitted, but it is possible.  If a believer were to sin
through ignorance, the Lord would chastize that person and lead them back to
righteousness.  A person in such a situation is restored because of his
faith and the hand of the Lord upon him.  On the other hand, if he continues
on in sin, he can only do so by breaking away from his faith in Christ.  If
the believer wilfully sins, he is in the same shoes as Lucifer.  He is no
longer a believer and there is no more sacrifice for his sins.

Lance wrote:
>3. Please outline the role of 'believing' women a. within the 'believing'
>community b. within the family c. within society d. within
government

This is a broad question that cannot adequately be answered briefly.  Women
have talents and attributes that make them better suited for certain roles
and men likewise are better suited for certain roles.  No field should be
"off limits" but we should not think something is wrong if we don't have
equal numbers of women and men in particular fields.  For example, it is
natural for there to be more women nurses than men nurses.  In like manner,
it is natural for there to be more men playing football than women.  In
regards to the family, it is best for women to be homemakers, guiding the
house and teaching the children.  Men should be responsible to labor and
provide for the family's needs.  These roles should not be mandated in a
legislative way, nor is there necessarily something wrong if there is some
variation from this generalization.  In regards to government, it is natural
for men to assume the highest positions of ruling, but women also should be
incorporated into government inasmuch as there are women who desire such.
Generally speaking, I think most women prefer for men to lead in these
areas.  They would prefer for men to take upon themselves such
responsibility.

Lance wrote:
>4. Please outline your position on 'believers' & slavery as practiced in
>your country

Historically, the believers in our country led the way for better treatment
of slaves.  Some of them worked to abolish slavery altogether.  The problem
of slavery in this country resulted from a departure from the Scriptural
guidelines concerning it.

Lance wrote:
>5. Please evaluate the treatment by 'believers' of first nations peoples as
>practiced in your own country both past and present.

In our country, we do not call them First Nations.  We call them Native
Americans or American Indians.  Believers for the most part have sacrificed
their lives to bring the gospel to American Indians, to educate them and
civilize them.  One would have a hard time understanding this if they only
watched modern movies coming out of Hollywood.  If you read the history,
such is much better understood.

Lance wrote:
>6. Limiting your consideration only to the history of your nation, have
>'believers' been a force for good/ill vis a vis women, slaves & first
>nations peoples?

Believers have been a force for good concerning all three groups.

David Miller