want to believe that God will ultimately  judge unrighteousness in spite of all His warnings?

If so, you have a lot of company, Israel persisted in self willed obdurance -  so it is sad but not unusual ... The perfect love you refer to here is what happens when His love is perfected in our hearts.  When we are fully conformed to the "image of
Christ" and not a babe tossed to and fro. It is when we are a doer of the Word rather than a hearer but you won't make it so long as you are so stuck on 1 Cor 1:3 and/or other "excuse" texts - remember the old fallen flesh is always looking for a way to keep from obeying the Word of the Lord, and the Lord of the Word..

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 05:10:07 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Perfect love casts out fear  --  is this "perfect love" our emotion in muturity or God's faithful _expression_ in us   --  "and I will remember their iniquities not more."  jd
From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Bingo!
Day of The Lord
The day of the Lord God will deal with the NATIONS
And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD's sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.

Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
It is a day of His Fierce Anger!
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

Israel
God is not done with Israel.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.
Most cults think they are the continuation of Israel.
Israel is NOT the Church is not the Reformed Catholics, is NOT the Mormons, is not any other cult. It is a nation made up of all the Tribes
Anybody that thinks he is a Jew when he is not is at least a Liar
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee
If you are a JEW from what Tribe are you?

Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If I'm understanding Kevin correctly he is speaking of something different from Jer 31:33 and Heb 8.  The Day of the Lord is what was feared so much in the book of Acts after hearing the apostles preaching that Simon the magician trembled and begged Peter to pray for him that none of the things they spoke about would come upon him .... (Acts 8:24)  They would have been speaking of The Day of the Lord which is a day of darkness and not light .. When ppl are saying "Peace and Safety" and sudden destruction comes.  judyt

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:03:59 -0500 "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Kevin, please read Hebrews 8.  This day spoken of in Jer. 31:33 has
> come
> already, so how can you say, "That WILL be the day" (emphasis
> mine)?
>
> David Miller.

&g t; brother, saying, "Know the Lord" FOR THEY SHALL ALL KNOW ME, from