On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 15:25:44 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
First,  I do not beleive that you believe that scripture interprets scripture.  What you actually mean to say is "this scripture defuncts that scripture."  I AM  using scripture to define scripture just as surely as anything you do with scripture.

Only in your own opinion JD
No less an opinion than yours, of course.

How do I know what they knew?   Well,  I guess all I know is what the scriptures reveal about their knowledge.   From actually reading the text, Judy,  I have no reason to believe that they considered "spiritual death" as something other than "physical death."   Where is that terminology used  --  "spiritual death?"    In scripture or in JudySpeak?

God is Spirit and when they died they lost His Image JD - it's elementary   So, it is established in JudySpeak, then.  Is there a passge of scripture that actually speaks of "spiritual death?"

When did Adam and Eve die spiritually, Judy.  The insant they ate the fruit or at some other time.  Did it take them 24 hours to die?  Come on, dear  --  admit that your position on this is simply impossible to defend.

They died "in that day" as God said they would
That evile J Smithson and his dirty old "traps."  Did they die
the INSTANT they ate the fruit or not?   I think we all know the answer.  "Day," then, is figurative.

The summary statemnt of 2:4-7 does give us a meaning for "day" that is not 24 hours. And how long does it take for God to speak things into existence  --  24 hours you say?

If you refuse to accept God's Word for what constitutes a day - I am not foolish enough to believe that anything
I say would make the least bit of difference.... so carry on
Thank you and I will.   It is God's word that I use  --  your personal brand of logic aside.
jd