Speaking for myself, I do not think creation(ism) should be taught in schools.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: March 24, 2006 16:14
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Fw: Williams on Creationism

You didn’t answer the question.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:41 PM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org; TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org

Linda, I believe that de-evolution is a much stronger force than evolution.  I believe that natural selection only works when a mutation creates not only the change , itself, but a population with the same mutation and a reproductive proclivity that prevents the unique from being absorbed BACK into the general population.  Even an old earth belief,  IMO,  does not present enough time for evolution to have occurred at the levels claimed by its believers.   And theistic evolution is only a form of creationism  --   God manipulating growth and change via a process.   Micro - yes.   Macro - no.

I believe that the "eternity of God" is philosophically preferable to the eternity of matter (in whatever form ) and motion (of elementary particles).   While at Cal Davis, my two sons had to deal with a radical and atheistic biology prof.    These were some of the points I gave them.  They used them in class. They   semed to work.

Do I want creationism  forced into the curriculum of our schools.   NO.   Who would teach it?  What brand of creationism would be taught?   And how do you teach it without a knowledge of and the use of the Bible?     I mean  -- isn't that the point of creationism?   The BIBLE says this BUT science says something else?   IMO, there simply is no way such a concept could be implemented.

jd

From: "ShieldsFamily" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> If you thought it was true would you want it taught in schools, Lance? JD?
> izzy

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> To:
> Sent: March 23, 2006 15:04
> Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Fw: Williams on Creation ism
>

> > The CNN report: Asked if creationism should be taught in schools,
> > Williams
> > said: "I don't think it should, actually. No, no."
> >
> > So how have I mischaracterized him?
> >
> > David Miller

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> > To:
> > Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:41 AM
> > Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Fw: Williams on Creationism
> >

> > David:YIKES!! You mischaracterize both Williams and his position. DOUBLE
> > YIKES!! I know that you will continue to do so. You are truly trapped,
> > David. You've bound yourself with your own theology (not, as you believe,
> > Scripture). Your teachers will one day answer for what they've done to you
> > and, what you now do to others.Yikes! Yikes! Yikes (that'd be tri ple
> > yikes)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> > To:
> > Sent: March 22, 2006 10:25
> > Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Fw: Williams on Creationism

> >> I'm sectarian only in the sense that the holy and the profane ought to be
> >> separate. I am not sectarian within the group of those who have
> >> submitted
> >> unto Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

&g t; >> He is not a liberal loony for believing differently from me. The moniker