On May 10, 2014, at 8:30 PM, Cédric Krier <cedric.kr...@b2ck.com> wrote:

> On 10 May 19:06, Sharoon Thomas wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> We have released version 0.1 of Tryton Restful [1], a simple wsgi app that
>> allows you to use your favorite rest/http clients to talk to Tryton models.
>
> I don't understand why not re-use flask-tryton [1] nor a flask
> authentication plugin like flask-login [2].

I had tried using flask-tryton and the primary issue with it it’s dependence on
a single database. The transaction decorator in flask-tryton was the most
motivating reason to use it and the design of transaction decorator in
tryton restful is based on that.

Flask-Login is an overkill for the situation because:

1. tryton restful has no session (cookie) support. It requires ir.session id to
be sent on every request
just as the tryton client would do. Flask-Login is heavily designed around
sessions (nereid
uses this).
2. In addition this requires a User object which implements the User Mixin [1]
for current_use local
proxy to work. While, tryton-restful only needs the ID of the currently logged
in user.
3. There is no login_view etc. which a regular browser based app would need and
flask-login is
designed for.

> Also I see you are using jsonify, how do you deal with tryton data
> type that are not jsonable like date time?

Updated the code to use the tryton encoder and decoder.

Do you plan on making the javascript version of tryton json encode/decoder
available as a
separate library ?

> I think it will be better for security to cast record_id to int.

Fixed.

Thanks for your feedback.

[1] http://flask-login.readthedocs.org/en/latest/#your-user-class

Sharoon Thomas
CEO & Chief Software Architect
Openlabs Technologies & Consulting (P) Limited

w: http://www.openlabs.co.in
m: +1 813.793.6736 (OPEN) Extn. 200
t: @sharoonthomas

- We win when our customers win