El 20/12/13 20:43, Cédric Krier ha escrit:
On 20 Dec 20:00, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote:
>El 19/12/13 20:27, Cédric Krier ha escrit:
> >I can not say because I don't understand.
>I just created a blueprint[1] to clarify it
>
>Comments are welcome!
>
>[1]http://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki/AccountsChartVariants
It sounds wrong for me. The rational of this blueprint is "avoid data
duplication" but there is no data duplication because charts are
different.
Charts are different but have a more than 75% of it's structure in common, so that's way we call them variants.
So I'm against this change because the issue (which doesn't really
exist) must be managed by creating 2 charts (with smart XML design to
ease maintenance).
With the current design it's not possible to have and account with more than one parent (as root account is the chart of accounts, you can not have the same account in two charts), so all the data must be duplicated in orther to have two diferents charts.

So I don't se how to have a smart XML design to ease maintenance. Would be great if you can give us some points.

--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana
www.koolpi.com