El 29/05/14 17:41, Paul Leverett ha escrit:
I am trying to take some first small steps into creating modules for Tryon and am following teh example of HelloWorld module here: https://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki/HelloWorld

A couple of questions:
1) Are all the example code snippets given "*for tryton 2.8:" *still valid for tryton 3.x?

Yes.

You can also have a look at the training module [1], to have a step by step example of creating a module. It's a mq queue [2] and moves you step by step to a new module. The required steps to make it work are listed on the module description.
2) Is any action needed to make the new module available to tryton, other than creating the required files in a new directory in /usr/share/pyshared/trytond/modules?

I have added the required cfg/py/xml files but the module does not show in the client Modules list - do I need to run a command to register the new module?

If it's an existing database you must update a module (whatever you want) in order to refresh the module list.

After updating new modules will appear and you can install them.

Also you can install it from comanline with:

trytond -d <database> -i <module>

Hope it helps.

[1] http://hg.tryton.org/training/
[2] http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/MqExtension