On 12/11, Michael Kowalski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Slowly continuing to do my research on Tryton. I was searching on how to
> print a check -- is this something Tryton does not have the ability to do
> at the moment?

Check printing [1] is implemented in this module. There is no documentation
yet, but will be there soon. It is used by our customer in the US, but
be aware that the API is not frozen yet. We are still learning and
things could change.

> Most accounting software, such as MYOB/Accounting Edge and Quickbooks have
> the ability to print checks, primarily for the purpose of making payments
> for expenses. If there is an expense "line" or entry, and the "party"
> information, including invoicing/billing address, wouldn't it be possible
> to print checks with this information and apply them to expenses?

The current system implements payments at receivable/payable level. So
you could "run" checks for multiple payable lines and the module creates
a new account move with the total value on a given journal (usually a
bank). The system also reconciles the move lines with the payable lines.

This still leaves more to be desired like the ability to track checks
being cleared etc.

The module allows you to have separate odt files for different check
printable journals. So if you have pre printed stationery for one bank
and something totally different for the other one, you can set it up in
an odt file and with a little trial and error you can get it right.

> ----
>
> Also, trying to reduce topics, is there any integration with Stripe
> (www.stripe.com) in regards to payment processing? I know that Open Labs
> does have a "Payment Gateway" module, has anyone been able to connect it
> via their Python API?

Yes, the payment gateway module [2] is a generic abstraction to make it
easy to write payment gateways. There is specific documentation on how
you could write your own [3]. Given that stripe is one of the best in
developer friendliness, it should be easier than most gateways out
there.

[1] https://github.com/openlabs/trytond-check
[2] http://openlabs-payment-gateway.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
[3]