Welcome TORC, the Tryton VR Client
----------------------------------
tl;dr

    The Tryton developers proudly announce a new era of multi
    dimensional business apps.

As announced last month we finished our beta developments for a virtual
reality (VR) client application named TORC, which makes use of the
brand new Oculus Rift head-mounted display.

TORC is fully compatible to the Tryton server and enhances the user
interface with a third dimension and a virtual reality. Instead of tabs
we use a truncated icosahedron to arrange up to 32 different app views
side by side. Just move your eyes left, right, up or down to walk thru
the several open views (former tabs).
With a blink of an eye you focus a view, record or field.
Moving the head forward switches from general list to detail form view,
and vice versa when moving the head back.
Looking up and down to scroll thru long lists.

We integrated Alexa Voice Service (AVS) for speech to text processing
in a sane way. Just say: "Alexa, search Party Smith" to find and open a
party. As easy as saying "Alexa, edit name field enter Miller" and when
finished say:"Alexa, save" to save the changes.
Of course we integrate many internet services, which provides additional
information to many kinds of object like products, parties and
contact information.

To bring more fun to your work, we put context oriented pictures and
videos found on your computer or in the internet as a background themes
of the usually boring business views. E.g. when open a party the
background of the detail view is set to a photo of the person or the
logo of the organization. Addresses have a map with location pickers in
the background, of course a street-view when available.
We invented new accounting views, with endless changing numbers in the
background and walking like ants on frame borders. We did all to
minimize errors and avoid carelessness.

With the integrated headset of the oculus rift, we added an additional
reality dimension to TORC: context oriented music, sounds and voices.
While the sales app whips you up with music for winners and champions.
You'll win the next competition in a coup de main.
But take care, you'll be punished and affronted with bad words (degree
is customizable) by the sale opportunity app, when loosing an interest.
The purchase app calms down your quality and price ideas with playing
endless public domain Bach fugues in 7-bit quality - low quality and no
costs as a reminder for saving your companies real money.
Especially for accountants we provide a sound-theme to allow deeper
levels of concentration: random whispering voices speaking out random
numbers.

Sneak Preview: In an early development version of TORC we transformed
the boring original Tryton menu and apps in to a third-person arena
menu, where you can walk thru a virtual company building on a floor
with a striped rug, with different rooms like sales department,
purchase office, accountant and operation center (Administration).
In this VR you can meet and talk to your colliguanas :-) which are
logged-in, too.

The final version of the third person arena menu will be fully themable.
You will definitely use one of the alternative themes like:

    * jungle - you as an animal, pay with the coconut to buy banana.
    * doom - fight your way to the sales department, but watch the
      accountant
    * amusement park - sale is a raffle ticket booth
    * purple unicorn - fun for the small

The following hardware and software specs are required by TORC:

    * NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent or greater
    * Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
    * 8GB+ RAM
    * Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
    * 2x USB 3.0 ports