On 2016-12-04 07:59, Richard PALO wrote:
> As a side note, seems a bit heavy if tryton needs to read all previous
> years to get starting balance (I most certinaly hope not).

It is not heaving and indeed it is even a speedup.

> This is one of the benefits of having an annual opening balance as is
> traditionnally done (not to mention it expressly provides for independent
> accounting years, a fundamental principle in accounting).

This is not the design chosen by Tryton because it breaks any attempt to
track receivable or payable.

> In any event, one must not be myopic as to the number of fiscal years.

Do not understand.

> > > 3. with movements (in the period)
> >
> > This could probably be done by creating a Function field that returns
> > the number of moves.
> >
> > > seems there should probably also be an option simply to include or not
> > > the 'start balance' as well
> >
> > Do you mean that you want to have a column with debit - credit ?
> >

> Well, for a balance report, it is useful to have either extra column for
> initial balance, or both debit and credit,
> but this is probably a simple matter of report formatting which could be site
> specific.

For me, it is not necessary on trial balance because the goal is to show
that the accounts are balanced so if start and and balance sum equals 0
and debit equals credit sum, it is OK.

> For GL it is typically an additional line prior to the moves for the period.

There is already.

> > > while suppressing the non-intuitive behaviour currently of 4.x selecting
> > > by default only the first account.
> >
> > That's default behaviour to select the first record, I do not think it
> > will change.
> >

> For a report, this is not intuitive though perhaps a 'selection only' option
> that limits output to what is
> selected on the screen could continue to provide current behaviour...

It is better to have always the same behaviour in the all application.
Any action applies on what is selected.

> But have you tried to select only used
> accounts (say 200-300) out of 1200 in e.g. the French accounting plan?

Use the filters.

> > > There seems to miss as well a means to be able to select only
> > > non-reconciled entries (relative to the
> > > accounting year), which appears to be a crucial need expressed by
> > > accountants and legal auditors.
> >
> > I do not understand exactly what you mean. For me, there is no sense to
> > care about non-reconciled per fiscal year. Also I do not see the point
> > to care about them individually, we have the Aged Balance for that.
> >

> Balance is not interesting for this, although auxiliary balance/GL is also
> necessary,
> what is expected is a GL *detailing* only non-reconciled entries, typically
> for year-end
> (or periodic situation) closing.

What is the point? It is useless in Tryton because non-deferral lines
stay.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com