> Hello,

​Hi,​

>    1.    I am trying to upgrade to Tryton 4.4 from Tryton 4
>    2. Have aws ubuntu 14.04 cloud computer
>    3. Did pip install tryton AND pip install trytond in a virtual
>    environment
>       1. trytond works fine but tryton gives following error when I click
>       "Manage Profile" button to enter in my database
>       2. File
> "/home/ubuntu/Envs/tryton1/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tryton/jsonrpc.py",
>       line 184, in make_connection
>       3.     ssl_ctx = ssl.create_default_context(cafile=self.__ca_certs)
>       4. AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
>       'create_default_context'
>    4. Noticed that Tryton 4.4 requires python >= 2.7.9
>    5. on apt-get install python - it installs only python 2.7.6
>    6. But Tryton 4.4 requires python >= 2.7.9
>    7. How does one proceed from here?
>
> ​You need Ubuntu support here to get a system with the right version of
python. Googling a bit about how to upgrade python in it gives some
results, but all of them come with warnings, so be cautious that other
python depending packages could give you issues. After that disclaimer, I
found this [1] that can be useful to you, however evaluate your risks
depending on what your system serves.​ There is also a lot of info here [2]

>    1. Is python version the problem for the above tryton error?
>
> ​likely yes​

>    1. Or is the reason different?
>
> ​No, this is why there is a dependency on python >= 2.7.9​

​Cheers,
Karla.

​[1]​
http://www.georgevreilly.com/blog/2016/01/16/InstallingPython2_7_11onUbuntu.html