On 2018-03-17 03:11, Cato Nano wrote:
> Il giorno venerdì 16 marzo 2018 18:07:41 UTC+1, Cato Nano ha scritto:
> > Il giorno venerdì 16 marzo 2018 17:21:08 UTC+1, Cato Nano ha scritto:
> > > My "total" field on the Bolletta entity is calculated.
> > >
> > > It's the sum of a value from the lines PLUS some bits
> > >
> > > In the GUI (and in SAO) the total gets updated while filling a line only
> > > with the value from said line
> > >
> > > The further bits get acconted for only after saving the Bolletta.
> > >
> > > I suppose that the javascript layer updates the total field generically
> > > summing on the client side
> > >
> > > The complete calculation gets done on the server, after saving
> > >
> > > Is there a way I could make the GUI showing the properly updated values
> > > while editing a line ?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> >
> > the values that do not get acconted for in the sum are calculated starting
> > from line no. 8, as you can see here
> > https://gitlab.com/humanitiesNerd/tributi/blob/master/bolletta.py#L84
>
> I think the issue is: how do I get a calculated field updated with a
> temporary value BEFORE the record is saved ?

Using One2Many in on_change method can be a little bit tricky because we
have not yet a way to express what values will be sent. So the client
for now send all the values it knows and if it is a saved record the
server should read the missing value.
But in your code, you are calling other on_change methods and probably
they are missing some values.
A common tip to fix that is to add the missing field as tree_invisible
in the tree view to ensure to have them.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com