On 2018-04-16 10:38, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote:
> El 13/04/18 a les 18:40, Cédric Krier ha escrit:
> > On 2018-04-13 17:54, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote:
> >> El 09/04/18 a les 15:20, Cédric Krier ha escrit:
> >>
> >> For the release may be can do as other projects an split the work
> >> between several companies. For example in the kubernetes project a
> >> "Release Leader" (not sure if this is the right term) is elected for the
> >> next release and this person is responsible for all the work related to
> >> the next release.
> >>
> >> What do you think?
> >
> > Doing the actual release is not much time consuming as I have wrote
> > scripts to automate it. But it is all the related works like writing a
> > new, setup the demo server, update the documentation, prepare the
> > translations etc. that is time consuming. And I do not think it is fair
> > to delegate all the tasks to a single "release leader". Those tasks
> > should be divided between some people that can be trusted to do the job.
> >
> So we should have a list of tasks to do and a list of people to divide
> the job on. I think it will be great to ask for help before the feature
> freeze so others can offer themselves to help and we can divide the work
> for each release.

I do not think it is the way to go. If on every release we have to make
such organisation it will be a huge waste of time, without speaking
about the learning curve.

What we need a people ready to commit to some tasks on the long term (at
least 3 years) and being reliable. Past experiences showed that such
people are really difficult to find. For example, the number of dead
translations (most of them had received only work on the first 3
months). Or the tryton-communication groups which produced nothing. Or
https://github.com/tryton/tryton-documentation

The hard part is to judge the reliability. This can happen only on the
long term. So people who want to do stuffs should start by small but
continuous contribution before moving to more critical tasks.
And we have a lot of small task registered in https://bugs.tryton.org/
so it is just a matter for example to fix one every week.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com