Almost always, the trouble in this situation is that you forgot
to update /etc/lilo.conf and run lilo to update the bootloader.
Typically the fix is to boot from a floppy or CD (you
installation media can usually be used for this) and use it to do
these things.

Don

--
Don Bindner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>