Now you need to
make dep && make bzImage && make modules && make modules_install

When that is done
cp arch/i386/bzImage to /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22
mkinitrd initrd-2.4.22.img 2.4.22
Configure your bootloader.

This is running from memory so I'd check www.ldp.org for the kernel
howto.

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 02:13:43PM -0800, Dana Schoonover wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am upgrading my kernel for the first time.. and I'm
> kind of not sure what step comes next..  Any help
> would be greatly appreciated :-)
>
> What I've done so far:
>
> *backed up all my config files in
> /usr/src/kernelconfigs
> *got the 2.4.22 src files and unpacked them into
> /usr/src/linux-2.4.22
> *made symbolic link linux-2.4 point to linux-2.4.22
> instead of linux-2.4.20-8 (I have also a symbolic link
> linux pointing to linux-2.4)
> *did a make clean, make mrproper, make clean, then
> recopied the .config file (I guess I was supposed to
> do that?)
>
> So yeah..  If anyone can help, I would be greatly
> indebted to you :-)  You can email, or call (785-7329)
> if you have a few minutes and can talk to me about
> it-- I'm a bit confused as far as what the howto I'm
> looking at is telling me to do
> (http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Kernel-HOWTO/quick_steps.html#upgrading).
>

> Thanks :-)
>
> Dana
>
> =====
> "God is bigger than the boogey-man."
>  ? ? ?     --Jr. Asparagus

Benjamin Story

() Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML email and Microsoft-specific
/\ attachments. If I wanted to read HTML, I would have visited your website!
Support open standards.