I don't have a ton of good advice, but I do think it might not be a
good idea to go delete the mount points if there is even a chance that
they're still mounted.  No need to wipe all your data, on top of
everything.

You might try doing a regular umount as root.
It has a -f switch to force NFS unmounts, it might work with samba.

Nate