So I had SBC DSL before.  I used pppoeconf to set it up, and it worked
like a charm.  When I moved the other day I switched to cable.  I tried
to set it up, and it scanned and told me it couldn't detect a
connection.  It said to check and make sure that all the cords were
connected, and that no other processes were using pppoe.  All the cords
are connected and the correct lights are on, but still nothing.  I typed
'poff' to make sure it was off, but it still doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Gordon