Hello again Thomas!

I guess there's no distinction into "old" (as in "legacy") and "new"
(as in "shiny") syntax. I think the only distinction is purely
chronological - the "old" syntax is in fact older then the lua syntax.

As to which one of these is better I think it's jus a matter of
preferences. For me the "old" syntax was too restrictive and I was more
than happy to switch to lua the moment it was available. In fact I've
heard that Mike is working on adding Python to tup (;

The syntax of lua may seem a bit strange at the first glance, but you
can do anything that is possible in the "old" syntax. If you have any
questions about tup+lua - just ask.

Regards,
FCh