Colin> Hi all, I've started extending my Maven builds to include new
Colin> Plugin's such as PMD. Now I want to show the link to the PMD
Colin> report under the project reports section but I can't seem to
Colin> find the xdoc for this part/section.

Colin> Where should I add the reference for this? Is this part not
Colin> generated by Maven?

I'm not familiar with the PMD plugin; however, if the plugin follows
the new protocol defined for reporting, it will automatically be
included in the navigation bar as long as you have not *explicitly*
defined your own <reports> section in your POM.

If you have defined a <reports> section, then you'll need to add the
appropriate <report> line to that section.  For example, here is
Maven's <reports> section of the POM:

  <reports>
    <report>maven-jdepend-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-checkstyle-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-changelog-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-file-activity-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-developer-activity-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-javadoc-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-jxr-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-junit-report-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-tasklist-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-jellydoc-plugin</report>
  </reports>

Since you are asking the question, I'm going to assume the plugin has
not been updated to use the new reporting protocol.  In this case, you
should (or the plugin author) should read the "Reporting Protocol" of
the developer's guide:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/developer-guide.html

Thanks,
Pete