Kowalski Pawel wrote:

Hello

I'd like to have all jars stated in maven's project.xml dependencies

 <dependencies>
   <dependency>
     <id>grappa</id>
     <version>1_2</version>
     <url>http://www.research.att.com/~john/Grappa</url>
   </dependency>
 </dependencies>

included in the distribution (e.g ./lib/grappa-1.2.jar) and in the Manifest
file included in dist jar
(Class-Path: . lib/grappa-1.2.jar) so that the user of my project needn't to
install maven and has all dependencies delivered together with the distribution.

Can maven handle this by default, or do I have to write my own goals?

You have to write your own goal. The is an example of a relatively complext Maven based build of an installation involving multiple jar files under the Avalon Merlin project. The installation process includes activation of several reactor builds, aggregation of depedent jar files, preparation of an inst package and replication to an install directory. You can access this by doing a checkout of the avalon-sandbox/merlin project. More details included in the README.txt file.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]